1/1 Photo of Hawaiian Fried Rice
lynnski / LA's Note:
This delicious fried rice recipe is from the Westin Maui, Hawaii; where they serve it in a fancy version of a Chinese take-home box. It makes an neat party dish since it's easy to walk around while munching on the fried rice in a box.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- canola oil
- 1 lb firm tofu, diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, fine chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 5 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Cook the rice the day before.
- 2Heat a wok to medium-high and add sesame oil and saute the tofu cubes, set aside.
- 3Add a little canola oil to the wok, add the onion, carrot and bell peppers and stir fry a few minutes.
- 4Add the cooked rice and continue to stir fry, break up the lumps; then add the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sambal oelek.
- 5Continue to stir-fry, adding the pineapple, macadamia nuts, and salt and pepper (to tste).
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Fried Rice
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 184.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: