Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Chad here. This rice is what I learned how to cook when I lived for awhile in Hawaii and I used to eat it weekly. Suuuuuuper good!!!!! The Aloha Shoyu brand soy sauce I highly recommend to use ... I have used other brands but it doesn't quite have the same taste. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 3 stalks celery (diced)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup aloha shoyu soy sauce
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Brown hamburger in large skillet.
- Meanwhile, prepare celery, carrots and onion.
- Drain hamburger.
- In large soup pot combine hamburger, celery, carrots, onion, soy sauce and water.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are soft (around 25 minutes).
- Add rice to pot and mix well.
Fast and yummy, this is now a staple at our house. You can get the Aloha Shoyu sauce on ebay. Thanks for a great recipe.
This was great - I did previous review but forgot to give the rating - probably because it only goes to 5 and this deserved a 10!!! Use exact measurements (I doubled for double batch) and it will be gone quick! Great recipe! Thanks!
I wanted to try somethin' different and this was tasty. My husband and I really enjoyed it. We made it because we had the Aloha sauce and boy does it make a difference. Delish!