Recipe by Sherrybeth
I got this recipe from a vintage 1950's cookbook that is just great. I've "tweaked" it a little to suit my family's tastes. I hope you enjoy it!
- 8 slices Hawaiian bread
- 8 slices pineapple
- 12 slices cooked bacon
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons pineapple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Mix in milk, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar and pineapple juice.
- Dip bread slices into mixture and then fry bread in a lightly greased, non stick frying pan.
- After frying all bread slices, and removing them from the pan, place pineapple slices in frying pan and lightly pan fry them. DO NOT SCORCH THE PINEAPPLE or your sandwich will be nasty!
- Place one slice of pineapple and 3 slices of cooked bacon on top of one slice of bread and cover with second slice of bread.
- This is delicious served with a warm pineapple sauce or a mango salsa.