I got this recipe from a vintage 1950's cookbook that is just great. I've "tweaked" it a little to suit my family's tastes. I hope you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- 2Mix in milk, vanilla, sugar, brown sugar and pineapple juice.
- 3Dip bread slices into mixture and then fry bread in a lightly greased, non stick frying pan.
- 4After frying all bread slices, and removing them from the pan, place pineapple slices in frying pan and lightly pan fry them. DO NOT SCORCH THE PINEAPPLE or your sandwich will be nasty!
- 5Place one slice of pineapple and 3 slices of cooked bacon on top of one slice of bread and cover with second slice of bread.
- 6This is delicious served with a warm pineapple sauce or a mango salsa.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian French Toast Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.2
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 187.8 mg
- Sodium 765.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: