Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made with King's Hawaiian Bread and topped with macadamia nuts! I found this one a long time at AlohaWorld.com. I make it as often as I can find King's Bread but then started using the sweet bread recipe I have.
- 1 loaf king's Hawaiian bread, sliced into 1 inch thick pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar (cane sugar, if you have it)
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg, if you like (optional)
- chopped macadamia nuts
- coconut syrup
- Blend eggs. milk, butter, sugar and spices in bowl.
- Dip bread slices in milk mixture and lay on cookie sheet lined with foil.
- If you have any milk mixture left over, just pour it on top of the bread slices.
- Broil under your broiler, about 3 inches from heat source, about 2 -4 minutes each side, until browned to your liking.
- Sprinkle with chopped macadamia nuts, and serve with coconut syrup and/or maple syrup.
- This is a very easy French toast preparation and it isn't as heavy as the usual recipes which sauté the bread in butter.
I changed a couple things, because I know our tastes. I only used 1/2 cup milk. I used the butter in the pan intead of in the egg mixture & finally, I cooked on the stove top instead of in the oven. We enjoyed the sweetness of the hawaiian bread. I added the macadamia nuts. Nice touch. Even though I made some pretty big changes, we enjoyed this. So I still decided to rate it. Thank you very much!