Recipe by petlover
this is my own recipe - adapted from a bunch of different recipe on the internet Use the flanken cut ( cross) short ribs for this recipe! Hawaiian cooking is a combination of Asian and South Pacific styles.
Top Review by Rita~
Tender goodness. I placed my boneless ribs in a slow cooker this morning set for 6 hour and stayed on warm for 4 more hours. I did want to grill them to crisp up but had no time. Any way they were tasty. Thanks Made for ZWT 2011
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 inch ginger, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 15 ounces beef broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 lbs beef short ribs, flanken cut
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak Unglazed Clay Pot ( top and bottom. in water for 20 minutes - use a medium size one.
- Combine 1st 8 ingredients into a paste.
- Rub paste all over and on all sides of short ribs.
- Put into soaked pot and pour broth over.
- Put cover over and place into a cold oven.
- Turn up to 400°F Cook for 3 hours.