Prep 6 mins
Cook 1 hr
Need some "energy"?....Try these.
Make and share this Hawaiian Energy Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Combine: walnuts; raisins; dried mango; dried papaya; whole-wheat flour.
- Mix well.
- Combine: oil; vanilla or 1 tsp.
- coconut extract; salt; whole eggs; egg white; pineapple, mix well.
- Add liquid to dry, mix well.
- Spoon into sprayed 9x5 loaf pan; bake 350, approx.
- 1 hr or till center comes out clean w/ knife.
- Cool on rack.
- Take out of pan, wrap tightly, refrigerate till cold.
- Cut in 16 slices.
- Stores up to 2 weeks.
I realized my last review did not sound positive enough, and I don't see the link to edit, so I wanted to say that the bars ARE yummy, even though they needed a little extra love! Cooking the dried fruit gives it a softer texture, and there is a nice contrast between it and the softer bread part.