Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am constantly trying to come up with recipes for leftovers. This one gives a whole new twist to extra ham. My children think these egg rolls are great, and they freeze well. I thaw as many as needed and bake them.
- 10 fresh spinach leaves, julienned
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb cooked ham, coarsley ground (2 cups)
- 4 water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup undrained crushed pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 7 egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- sweet and sour sauce
- In a saucepan, saute spinach and ginger in oil for 1-2 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the ham, water chestnuts, pineapple, onions and soy sauce. Stir in the spinach mixture.
- Place 3 tablespoons of ham mixture in the center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling; fold sides over filling toward center. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in of oil to 375°.
- Fry egg rolls for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet-sour sauce.