Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is an old Clabber Girl baking powder offering.
Make and share this Hawaiian Drop Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream shortening, sugar, and extracts thoroughly.
- Beat in egg until mixture is fluffy.
- Blend in pineapple and dry ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake in a 325°F (slow) oven about 20 minutes.
- Cookies are better stored for 24 hours.
I was hesitant to try an un-reviewed recipe, but I figured that all of the recipes on here were at one time un-reviewed so I went for it. I was looking for a cookie recipe that had pineapple AND coconut, for a Hawaiian-themed potluck at work, and this was the only one I could find. I'm glad I made it, because the cookies are VERY VERY yummy!! It was pretty easy to make and they're very soft. I did use 2/3 cup butter instead of shortening, because shortening has trans fat, but that was the only alteration I made. The pineapple flavor is kind of subtle, because the crushed pineapple is drained so there's just little bits throughout the cookie. It would be interesting if the recipe could be modified to include pineapple juice, so that the whole cookie tastes like pineapple, but it's still very good the way it is.