Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I use this dressing on Hawaiian Grilled Burgers but it can be used on salads. If you make ahead & refrigerate, shake the dressing,stir,it might separate.Beautiful presentation for a dinner party.
- 4 avocados, pitted & halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 4 cups fresh spinach, washed, spun, drained and stemmed
- 1 white onions or 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup hormel bacon bits (optional)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Pour lemon juice in flat sided dish.
- Add salt.
- Half the avocados, pit. Leave peel on, place in dish cut side down.
- Right before serving, use a sharp knife cut down through the peel, making individual slices. Throw away the strips of narrow peel.
- Mix Dressing, refrigerate.
- First Presentation:.
- On a long serving plate, place the spinach, then the onion rings,avocodo slices, sliced hard boiled eggs.
- Drizzle with dressing.
- Scatter bacon bits across the top.
- Second Presentation:.
- Lay out 8 individual salad plates and layer in the same order as above.
- Pass the dressing and small cup of bacon bits when served.
loved this recipe. It was very quick and easy to make... I changed the serving size just to make an individual lunch for myself... love the dressing and the avocado with it. A nice change. Thankyou!
Very attractive to serve, tastes great.
Nummy Good!!! I planned to make this for the whole family, but after putting it together, it was hard to share. I gave in though and it was light and delightful. My little girl wanted a few sliced grapes in it as well, so we added some of those for an additional tang. Thanks for a great recipe Mom. - - your greatest fan!