Recipe by momstar
This is a favorite in our house for Spring and Summer. A layer of cake with a delicious filling topped with whipped cream. It freezes well and is always a hit at get togethers. I have given this recipe out many times. I got it from taste of home many years ago. Chilling time is not included in the cooking time.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 (3 1/2 ounce) packages vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 cups cold milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 cups heavy cream, whipped and sweetened
- 2 cups flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- I use only 1 cup of the coconut. I find it can be to much if using the whole amount. I also usually freeze 1 cake for future use, which comes in handy.
- Mix cake according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13X9X2 baking pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In as large mixing bowl combine pudding mixes, milk, and coconut extract; beat for 2 minutes. Add the cream cheese and beat well. Stir in pineapple. Spread over cooled cakes.
- Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with coconut. Chill for at least2 hours.