Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Curry stew is common at Hawaiian plate lunch cafes. It is served over plain white rice.
Make and share this Hawaiian Curry Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Brown meat on all sides, cover with water, add bouillon, and cook covered for 1.5 hours.
- Add vegetables and cook until potatoes and carrots are tender.
- Cook curry powder in peanut oil to get rid of the raw taste and add it to the mixture.
- After the stew is cooked, mix flour and cold water well, using a wire wisk to remove all the lumps, and slowly stir it into the stew.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the stew thickens.
- Serve over steamed rice.