Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cream cheese, fresh ginger, soy and sugar mixture rolled in fresh coconut. Easy appetizer.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, fresh, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon imported soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 1 coconut, freshly grated
- In a bowl mix cream cheese ginger root, soy sauce and superfine sugar until well blended and smooth. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm. Form the cheese mixture into 1/2 inch balls and roll the balls in freshly grated coconut. Serve on cocktail picks. Makes about 12.
- The International Appetizer Cookbook.
Sorry, but I thought we'd like these. They were easy to make but were not firm enough to pick up. And the flavor was way to strong. I can't tell you which it was, to much gingerroot or soy sauce. Any way they did not go well at all. My brother thought of you spread it on a cracker it might help the taste. These were one of the two appetizers for the kids. I made this for my daughter, her date and 5 other of her friends that came over to have their dinner here before Prom this spring. They thought it was pretty cool eating dinner with my fine china and linens. Oh yes, I even had my set of double candlesticks on the table for them.