I love to serve this unusual and sweet coleslaw in fresh pineapple halves for individual servings at a dinner party. It's also a hit at a large gathering just put in a big bowl and garnished with greens.
- 1 head green cabbage, rinsed and very thinly sliced or 1 package coleslaw mix
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and chopped or 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.