I love to serve this unusual and sweet coleslaw in fresh pineapple halves for individual servings at a dinner party. It's also a hit at a large gathering just put in a big bowl and garnished with greens.
- 1 head green cabbage, rinsed and very thinly sliced or 1 package coleslaw mix
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, peeled,cored and chopped or 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup grated unsweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
Made this for a family Christmas get together and really enjoyed it. Left out the coconut and used 2 bags of the shredded cabbage and carrot mix. Great taste. Different twist on the normal coleslaw. Would make again.
I just used the packaged slaw mix with shredded carrots already in them. I also used half yogurt/half mayo. This was quite different, I loved it! I can see this being a great bringalong.
I have made this before and just love it! Taking it to a poolside family reunion tomorrow!