Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
Perfect for diabetics or those who are on a diet. The fruit in this recipe sweetens the cake, but if you want to you may add a half a cup of sugar.
- 2 large eggs
- 158.51 ml unsweetened pineapple juice
- 59.14 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml unbleached white flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml crushed pineapple, well drained
- 236.59 ml flaked coconut
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml crushed pineapple, well drained
- In a mixing bowl beat together eggs, pineapple juice, and butter.
- Add flour, baking soda, and baking powder. beat well.
- stir in the cup of pineapple and the flaked coconut.
- spoon into oiled and floured 9" round pan. spread batter evenly.
- Toss topping ingredients together and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on wire rack.
Very enjoyable cake. We had it warm with custard (very English!!).