- 532.32 ml flour
- 7.39 ml cinnamon
- 3.69 ml nutmeg
- 354.88 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 177.44 ml chopped nuts (I use Macademia nuts)
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 354.88 ml buttermilk
- 236.59 ml coconut, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add and mix until crumbly the brown sugar and shortening.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of this mixture.
- Add the chopped nuts, baking sode and buttermilk.
- Mix enough to blend.
- Bake in greased 8x8x2 pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved 3/4 cup sugar-shortening crumb mixture and cover lavishly with coconut.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for 50 minutes or finger test for doneness.