Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT7.
- 1 cup pineapple or 1 cup apricot-pineapple preserves
- 2⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 loaf king's Hawaiian bread
- glaze, ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F; generously coat two 8-inch round cake pans with non-stick spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup preserves evenly into each pan.
- Sprinkle each pan with equal amounts of coconut and nuts. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Cut a horizontal slice off the top of bread to even it.
- Slice remaining loaf into 4 equal horizontal layers.
- Trim the edges to remove crust and to make all layers the same diameter. Save trimmings for another use.
- Evenly spread half of the cream cheese mixture over one slice of bread. Place in pan, cheese side up.
- Cover with one slice of bread.
- Repeat for other pan.
- If bread is higher than the edge of the pan, press down.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove foil.
- Continue to bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Invert cakes onto service plates. Cool slightly.
- To make glaze, blend powdered sugar and milk together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over tops of cakes.