Recipe by Dienia B.
from sally grosserode very old recipe with pineapple and coconut topping if you like pineapple upside down this is for you
- 354.88 ml flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 12.32 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml pineapple, crushed, juice too
- 118.29 ml shortening, melted
- 118.29 ml coconut
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml flour
- 29.58 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- sift together flour ,salt ,sugar , baking powder.
- add melted shortening and egg.
- add pineapple with juice.
- stir until flour is well mixed it will be thick batter.
- pour into greased 8x10pan. i used a bread pan.
- mix coconut brown sugar flour and melted butter.
- top coffee cake.
- bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes. may need a touch more.in bread pan but in 8 inch pan it was only about 20 minutes.