Recipe by Dienia B.
from sally grosserode very old recipe with pineapple and coconut topping if you like pineapple upside down this is for you
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup pineapple, crushed, juice too
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- sift together flour ,salt ,sugar , baking powder.
- add melted shortening and egg.
- add pineapple with juice.
- stir until flour is well mixed it will be thick batter.
- pour into greased 8x10pan. i used a bread pan.
- mix coconut brown sugar flour and melted butter.
- top coffee cake.
- bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes. may need a touch more.in bread pan but in 8 inch pan it was only about 20 minutes.