from sally grosserode very old recipe with pineapple and coconut topping if you like pineapple upside down this is for you
- sift together flour ,salt ,sugar , baking powder.
- add melted shortening and egg.
- add pineapple with juice.
- stir until flour is well mixed it will be thick batter.
- pour into greased 8x10pan. i used a bread pan.
- mix coconut brown sugar flour and melted butter.
- top coffee cake.
- bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes. may need a touch more.in bread pan but in 8 inch pan it was only about 20 minutes.