Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A Co-worker made this for one of our AM meetings and it was yummy. I asked her for the recipe so that I could make it this week-end and I'm posting it in case I lose it!!
- 236.59 ml pineapple preserves
- 158.51 ml flaked coconut
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml powdered sugar
- 453.59 g king's Hawaiian bread
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously coat two 8" round pans with non-stick spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup preserves evenly into each pan. Sprinkle each pan with equal amounts of coconut and nuts. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar with electric mixer until smooth.
- Cut a horizontal slice off the top of bread to even it out. Slice remaining loaf into 4 equal horizontal layers. Trim edges to remove crust and to make all layers the same diameter. Save trimmings for another use.
- Evenly spread half of the cream cheese mixture over one slice of bread. Place in pan, cheese side up. Cover with one slice of bread. Repeat for other pan.
- If bread is higher than the edge of the pan, press down. Cover with foil, bake for 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto service plates. Cool slightly.
- For glaze, mix 1 cup powdered sugar with milk in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over top.