NRG Tribe's Note:
From Eat Fat, Lose Fat by Mary Enig and Sally Fallon
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 large shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- 6 tablespoons lard or 6 tablespoons goose fat
- 1 cup sweet and sour sauce (recipe follows)
- 1Mix flour, sea salt and pepper on a large plate.
- 2lightly beat egg whites in a medium bowl.
- 3spread coconut on another large plate.
- 4dip shrimp in flour then in egg whites.
- 5roll each shrimp in coconut until well covered.
- 6heat lard in a large cast-iron skillet over medium high heat and fry shrimp until browned and crispy, about 5 minutes on each side.
- 7Soy Sauce:.
- 8Mix all ingredients and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 9makes 1 cup.
- 10Serve shrimp with sweet and sour soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Polynesian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Polynesian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Coconut Shrimp With Sweet and Sour Soy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.7
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 1119.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: