Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great food...from my recent trip to Hawaii.. Easy....inexpensive....authentic....feeds alot at the pool party or luau!!! Impressive presentation when served on platter....
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk (NOT cream of coconut)
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach (squeeze dry)
- cooked rice, i use jasmine (oriental rice or medium grain-or long)
- macadamia nuts
- crushed pineapple
- cut banana
- Place broth in large saucepan.
- Add chicken and boil for 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk-gently boil 45 minutes or so.
- Add spinach and cook 2 minutes.
- Place rice in large rimmed platter or bowl.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- top with condiments