Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This is another recipe from my cookbook from HouseDragon, she sent me this in a swap.
- 1⁄2 lb sugar
- 1 lb margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flour
- 2 ounces egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- whipped cream
- chocolate shavings
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly mix together sugar and magarine. Combine flour.
- Add remaining ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Roll out chilled dough and place in two 9" pie plates.
- Bake 400° till golden brown.
- Brittle Filling:.
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and enough water to make a wet sand consistency.
- Boil till sugar caramilizes and turns a medium amber color.
- Add butter and mix well. Turn off heat, add cream slowly; be careful as it will splatter if too much is added at one time.
- Add nuts; pour into prebaked shells that are brushed with chocolate and refrigerate till cool.
- Chocolate topping:.
- Combine cream and cornstarch and mix well. Add all ingredients except semi sweet chocolate in pan over medium heat; stir constantly.
- Let thicken, but do not boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate.
- Combine till melted. Pour over brittle layer then let set.
- Cover with whip cream and chocolate shavings.