Recipe by mo_duffy
This recipe is simple, delicious and can be prepared and cooked in one hour. It looks as if you spent the day in the kitchen cooking (at least my husband always thought so). I found this recipe in an American Heart Association cookbook back in the '70's.
Top Review by RoscosRoom
Good idea, nice taste but bad recipe. So here is how you can make it a 5 star rating. Use boneless chicken breast (salt and pepper and slightly brown in a skillet and don't use the flour). The flour makes it gamy unless you are going to fry the chicken. Since you are slightly browning the chicken cut the cook time to 30 minutes (instead of 45 minutes). Sprinkle ginger, garlic powder, and onion powder - in addition to the parsley. Then follow directions accordingly. NOW, it's 5 star -this is according to my husband who happens to be a chef :)
- 4 chicken breast halves (skinned & boned)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 can pineapple chunk (in its own juice)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chopped parsley
- white rice, prepared for four servings
- parsley sprig, for decorative purpose.
Directions See How It's Made
- Skin, bone, and flour chicken breasts and place in covered casserole dish.
- Mix together the Soy Sauce, Sugar and all of the juice from the can of Pineapple (usually put those ingredients into a gravy mixer and shake vigorously).
- Pour liquid over Chicken Breasts and sprinkle the Parsley on top.
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Add the Pineapple chunks and continue cooking for an additional 15 minutes.
- Prepare the White Rice during the last 15 minutes the casserole is cooking.
- Serve the Chicken over the rice, also place fresh parsley sprigs on the plate.
- I usually make string beans to serve with this dish.