Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Taste of the islands
- 4 cups Rice Chex, crushed to 1 2/3 cups
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 pinches cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 3/4 inch pieces (red or green)
- Heat the oven to 400. In a large plastic bag, combine the cereal, coconut and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, and honey. Stir the chicken strips into the mayonnaise mixture. Place the strips in the bag with the cereal mixture, a few at a time, and shake until well coated.
- Thread each strip onto a skewer with 2 chunks each of the pineapple and the bell pepper. Place the skewers on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until the strips are no longer pink in the center. Remove to a platter and serve.