Recipe by Queen Puff
This was a recipe I found on Mommyhatescooking.com and I tried it tonight. It was awesome. Unfortunately, I realized at the last minute that I was out of ginger and I did substitute 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon for the teaspoon of ginger. It probably made a slight difference and I will definitely make it again with the ginger. However, it was still so, so good. I like that this is simple, delicious and a little bit different. I also doubled the ingredients so that it made more sauce.
- 6 chicken tenders, cut in half
- 15 ounces pineapple slices, reserve juice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package king's hawaiian sweet roll
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, ginger and 1/2 of the pineapple juice (I personally prefer to use all of the pineapple juice and then double the remaining ingredients).
- Mix well.
- Add corn starch and mix well.
- Add vegetable oil to skillet and thoroughly cook chicken.
- Rinse vegetable oil from chicken if necessary.
- Add sauce from above to your chicken.
- Simmer until flavor soaks into chicken.
- Warm your rolls according to package.
- Assemble your sliders with 1 piece of chicken and 1/4 slice pineapple.