Recipe by FLUFFSTER
A wonderful chicken dish that is great for any occasion. Served with Jasmine rice and a pitcher of MaiTais, you can't go wrong! A recipe from my late MIL. The time doesn't include marinating.
Top Review by Sexy Chef Sheri
This was very, very good! I made this tonight for dinner and it turned out just great. The presentation is also very nice. My hubby said it looked like something from a resteraunt! I will be making this again. My only critique is that I will cook it for about 45 minutes next time, as the chicken seemed a tad dry. It was still absolutely great, though! Thanks Fluffster!
- 3 lbs cut up chicken pieces
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly, on the diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except sesame seeds and green onions.
- Place chicken mixture in large re-closeable plastic bag.
- Let marinate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 13x9" baking pan with baking spray.
- Place chicken mixture in the baking pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- If chicken is browning too much, lightly cover dish with foil. Some ovens bake hotter than others.
- Just before serving, sprinkle chicken with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with rice.