Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful chicken salad. My family calls it "Hawaiian Chicken" only because it is served in the "Hawaiian King" bread bowl.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained (I quarter each slice, so that there is not such big pieces in the mixture)
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 (16 ounce) round loaf Hawaiian bread
- Combine ingredients except for the bread.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, cut the top part of the Hawaiian King bread off leaving a hallow space to put in the chicken salad.
- Cut up the bread into chunks.
- Use the bread to dip into the chicken salad.
How much chicken do you add?