Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe that I found at epicurean.com and modified it a bit to suit our tastes. This is served as an appetizer with bread cubes and crackers.
- 2 (9 1/2 ounce) cans white meat chicken (it suggests Swansons)
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf Hawaiian bread, round
- pecans, chopped (or coconut)
- Drain meat well and blot on paper towels to dry meat and drain pineapple well. Bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften and chop celery and onion, med to fine. Mix meat, pineapple, celery, onion and cream cheese in large bowl,mix well with fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill several hours or overnite is better. To serve cut the center out of the bread and stuff with salad. Chop the center bread that was removed into cubes. Garnish with coconut or pecans.(I prefer pecans)serve on party crackers and bread cubes.
I made your recipe along with two other chicken recipes I'd tagged & used them in a 'cooking class' I held at my home for a few residents in my mobile home park! Just another way to add some life in my neighborhood! Made your recipe as given & we all very much enjoyed this finger food addition! Delicious, for sure & I'll be adding it in the future to my finger food counter for some of the monthly gatherings I host! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged & made in I Recommend recipe tag]
I just made this up and put it in the refrigerator - I'm serving it at a party tomorrow night. Right now, the flavor is very mild - slightly sweet with a hint of pineapple. Very subtle. Will update tomorrow after it sits overnight to see if the flavors intensify. But this is quite delicious right now just as it is! Very easy to make (which I love) and uses ingredients I usually have on hand. UPDATE: Made this for a party, and it was a hit. I thought it was a bit "dry" after sitting overnight, but the flavor was delicious. Loved it with the Hawaiian Bread cubes and also served with thyme-flavored crackers. Lots of compliments. I think next time I will add just a bit of sour cream to make it a bit creamier. Made for ZWT7 PACIFIC ISLANDS and the HOT PINK LADIES.
So good. Got home late today and I went searching for something for dinner. I came across this wee gem and it was perfect. I had everything it ask for and no cooking, Yes! This just couldn't have been better. Even with the cream cheese it was still light tasting and not very sweet. I love this recipe :D. Made for ZWT7.