Recipe by diner524
A recipe that I found at epicurean.com and modified it a bit to suit our tastes. This is served as an appetizer with bread cubes and crackers.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I made your recipe along with two other chicken recipes I'd tagged & used them in a 'cooking class' I held at my home for a few residents in my mobile home park! Just another way to add some life in my neighborhood! Made your recipe as given & we all very much enjoyed this finger food addition! Delicious, for sure & I'll be adding it in the future to my finger food counter for some of the monthly gatherings I host! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged & made in I Recommend recipe tag]
- 2 (9 1/2 ounce) cans white meat chicken (it suggests Swansons)
- 1 (12 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 small onion, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 loaf Hawaiian bread, round
- pecans, chopped (or coconut)
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain meat well and blot on paper towels to dry meat and drain pineapple well. Bring cream cheese to room temperature to soften and chop celery and onion, med to fine. Mix meat, pineapple, celery, onion and cream cheese in large bowl,mix well with fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill several hours or overnite is better. To serve cut the center out of the bread and stuff with salad. Chop the center bread that was removed into cubes. Garnish with coconut or pecans.(I prefer pecans)serve on party crackers and bread cubes.