Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a succulent fruit and chicken salad, that is just a treat for the taste buds - very enjoyable - This originally came from a Paula Deen Cookbook, but I've given it a few tweaks to make it my own, and to make it a little different. ENJOY!!
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed (4 large breasts)
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably home-made, but bottled is fine
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 1⁄2 cups mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 1⁄2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1 mango, cubed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, mayonnaise and almonds and mix well.
- Gently fold in the mandarin oranges, pineapple tidbits, green and purple grapes and mango.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour to let flavors incorporate a little.
- Place on a bed of lettuce and serve or serve as an appetizer on individual lettuce cups.