Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is almost entirely made up of fresh fruits and chicken. The taste just cannot be beat! I have fixed this for years, and it is a favorite. I think I remember finding this recipe in a Cookbook containing favorite recipes from Home Economics Teachers.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup halved green grape
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Quarter pineapple lengthwise; remove and discard core.
- Remove pulp, leaving 1" on shells.
- Cube pineapple pulp removed from center; combine with chicken, celery, grapes, walnuts, mayonnaise and salt.
- Toss lightly to mix.
- Serve on pineapple quarters; garnish with maraschino cherry, if desired.
- About 30 minutes prep. time, not counting time to cook chicken. The chicken can also be purchased as a chunk at the deli.