Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
My family thought this was really good. When I made this recipe I used a large yellow pepper, and a large regular onion. I doubled the chicken and marinade. I also marinaded the vegetables with the meat and pineapple. I didn't put these on skewers I put them on foil straight on my gas grill rack. I got this recipe from Weight Watchers.
- 453.59 g uncooked uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 59.14 ml pineapple juice or 59.14 ml orange juice
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- cooking spray
- 473.18 ml cooked white rice, kept hot
- Cut each chicken breast, pineapple, pepper and onion into approximately twenty-four 1-inch-thick pieces. Combine chicken, pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce and oil in a large nonmetallic bowl; marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill. Lightly coat vegetables with cooking spray. Thread 2 pieces of pepper, pineapple, chicken and onion onto each of 8 skewers. Brush with marinade. (Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water to prevent charring.).
- Grill over medium-hot coals until chicken is completely cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes, turning kebabs every 2 minutes so they're cooked evenly on all sides. Yields 2 kebabs and 1/2 cup rice per serving.
We just loved this dish. It's easy to prepare. Hardly any chopping and assembling them is so easy. The flavor is wonderful. I did use canned pineapple chunks because I didn't want to pay the high price for fresh. Worked great. This makes the right amount to fill you up. Thanks internetnut for posting.