My ex husband use to work as a chef in a small town country club and this was one of the most requested recipes. It became one of my favorite dishes. He would make this for me on Valentine's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breast in a glass bowl; set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine cooking sherry, pineapple juice, brown sugar and soy sauce, mix well.
- 3Pour over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours up to 48 hours.
- 4Before cooking chicken, get rice, broccoli and sauce ready.
- 5Make rice according to directions. Cook broccoli according to directions. Make sauce according to directions. Keep warm.
- 6Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through.
- 7Grill pineapple slices for garnish.
- 8When ready to serve, service rice first, then place chicken breast on top of rice. Place broccoli on chicken and over rice. Cover with hollandaise sauce. Place pineapple on side of place.
- 9Serve with rolls and your favorite wine!
- 10*You can use Uncle Ben's wild rice or whatever you perfer.
- 11**You can steam a head of fresh broccoli if you perfer
- 12***You can use any kind of hollandaise sauce that you perfer.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Chicken (grilled)
Serving Size: 1 (757 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1028.4
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 145.4 mg
- Sodium 2965.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 45.5 g
- Protein 63.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hollandaise sauce mix