Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
My ex husband use to work as a chef in a small town country club and this was one of the most requested recipes. It became one of my favorite dishes. He would make this for me on Valentine's Day.
- 4 (4 ounce) chicken breasts, boneless
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 8 large pineapple rings
- 1 (6 ounce) box Rice-A-Roni, fried rice
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (2 ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix
- Place chicken breast in a glass bowl; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cooking sherry, pineapple juice, brown sugar and soy sauce, mix well.
- Pour over chicken and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours up to 48 hours.
- Before cooking chicken, get rice, broccoli and sauce ready.
- Make rice according to directions. Cook broccoli according to directions. Make sauce according to directions. Keep warm.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through.
- Grill pineapple slices for garnish.
- When ready to serve, service rice first, then place chicken breast on top of rice. Place broccoli on chicken and over rice. Cover with hollandaise sauce. Place pineapple on side of place.
- Serve with rolls and your favorite wine!
- *You can use Uncle Ben's wild rice or whatever you perfer.
- **You can steam a head of fresh broccoli if you perfer
- ***You can use any kind of hollandaise sauce that you perfer.