Recipe by Oolala
Some nutmeg and celery salt make this different from the other recipes I checked. This recipe is originally from the "Spice of Life" cookbook. You coat and brown the chicken and simmer; then bake it.
For the coating
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the meat
- 5 chicken breasts, boned
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, for browning
For the sauce
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drain and reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the coating ingredients in a large bowl and coat the chicken with it.
- Brown the chicken in the margarine in a skillet on both sides.
- Mix the reserved pineapple juice and the soy sauce together and add to the chicken after it is browned. Reduce flame to low and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and the pan juices to an ovenproof dish and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add the pineapple chunks. Serve with white rice.