Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This taste like a fruit salad and chicken salad combined. The curry and sesame seeds make this exotic and flavorful. I made this in 15 minutes for lunch today!
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) canchunk chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 medium fuji apple, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple chunk, drained
- 2 tablespoons plump raisins
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Combine chicken, celery, apple, pineapple, raisins and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, curry powder and salt.
- Pour mayonnaise over chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds.
- Serve by itself or over a bed of greens.
I did not have the canned chicken breast so I cooked 2 skinless and boneless breats and chopped them for the recipe. It was wonderful! Something I will definately do again.
Just made this for lunch. Ate mine straight from a bowl. Gave hubby his on a sandwich cuz everything ends up there anyway. :) It was awesome both ways. I mistakenly put the curry powder right in with the chicken, so I just went ahead and put everything else in there instead of making the mayo mixture separate. It distributed fine and saved a bowl. Next time I will probably do the mayo mixture first in the big bowl then dump everything else on top and mix. Also used Perdue Shortcuts for the chicken. Chopped most everything to a nice chunk size with a couple light pulses in a small food processor. Only made a half portion of the recipe, as it is just the two of us. Also added a few seedless red grapes, chopped. Thanks for a great recipe!