1/2 Photos of Hawaiian Chicken Chili
1 hr 10 mins
Another great recipe from my Aunt Toni. Unusual but wonderfully tasty as was proved this Fall when my DH and I won a chili cook-off with it. Hope you enjoy it as well.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (20 ounce) can chunk pineapple, drained and juice reserved
- 8 -12 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (24 ounce) jar pace mild-medium picante sauce (or your favorite salsa- I use my homemade stuff)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1In large pot or dutch oven, melt butter and sauté chicken* until almost cooked through.
- 2Add garlic, onion and bell pepper and cook for 2 more minutes.
- 3Add reserved pineapple juice and all other ingredients- EXCEPT- for the pineapple chunks.
- 4Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in pineapple and serve immediately- OR, WHAT I LIKE TO DO- remove from heat allow to cool, cover and refrigerate over night.
- 6Next day, reheat on stove top, stir in pineapple and serve.
- 7*Note about chicken: recipe originally calls for 12 chicken breasts.
- 8I found this a bit excessive and so tweaked the measurement.
- 9I find 7-8 breasts works for me.
- 10I guess it depends on how well endowed your chickens were.
- 11Judge accordingly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.4
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 1652.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g