Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful flavor and healthier than traditional burgers
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup fine seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3 tablespoons chopped water chestnuts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup sweet and sour sauce
- 4 pineapple rings
- 4 rolls, split and toasted
- shredded spinach (optional)
- In a medium bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, water chestnuts, ginger, salt and pepper. Add ground chicken and mix well. Shape into 4 ¾ inch thick patties.
- To grill, cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once and brushing with sweet and sour sauce during last 5 minutes of cooking. Meanwhile, place pineapple slices on grill rack. Cook for 5 minutes, turning as needed.
- To serve, sprinkle bottom half of each bun with shredded spinach. Top with patties. Brush patties with sweet and sour sauce and top with pineapple slices.
- NOTE: I about 1 Tbsp teriyaki sauce to the mix for more flavor.
I have this same recipe from a cookbook that long ago lost it's cover. It is a pretty good recipe. My hubby and kids loved it, I thought it was pretty good...