Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Must use fresh pineapple.
Top Review by amywallenborn
it was just the recipe i was looking for the kids loved it and so did my husband and i. we used tinned pineapple because the shop was out of fresh pineapple. i also used 1/2 of the soy honey mixture and instead of brushing it on the chicken i poured it over for extra flavour. i also used drumsticks for the kids, next time we make it we are going to add some cornflour to thicken the sauce and see ho that turns out. 5 stars as it was wonderful. THANKYOU !
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) chicken, cut up into serving pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into small chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add the chicken; brown lightly on all sides; transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add the onion, bell peppers, and mushrooms to the skillet; season with salt and pepper; stir/saute for 5 minutes or until softened; remove pan from heat.
- Layer half the vegetables and half the pineapple chunks over the bottom of a 2 to 2 1/2 quart lightly greased casserole dish.
- Arrange chicken pieces over the vegetables and pineapple.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce and honey; brush the chicken with this mixture.
- Layer the remaining vegetables and pineapple over the chicken.
- Mix the pineapple juice and wine together; pour evenly over the top.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for about 1 hour or until the chicken is tender.