Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Really great served with brown rice and a salad.
- 2 whole chicken legs
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil or 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 large green pepper, cut crosswise in 1/4 inch circles
- Wash chicken; pat dry with paper towels.
- Coat chicken with flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and brown on all sides.
- Remove as browned to shall roasting pan, skin side up.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make sauce: Drain pineapple, pouring syrup into 1-cup measure and add water to make 1 1/4 cups.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and bouillon cube.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil 2 minutes.
- Pour over chicken Bake uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Add pineapply slices and green pepper; bake 30 minutes longer or until chicken is tender.
Simply one of those recipes you want to keep and use over and over again. Very easy to make and has a tangy sweet taste enjoyed by all.