Recipe by AustinsAm
This recipe comes from a cookbook made up of Lancaster County recipes. It is very simple to make and does not take a lot of time. I love the tangy taste of the pineapple and the 57 sauce. I used boneless, skinless, chicken tenders. I think it's better to use smaller pieces of chicken instead of whole breasts, as they would tend to be dry. Very good served with rice!
Top Review by J-Lynn
Delicious and so easy! The sauce is tangy but the honey softens it a bit. I just used 10 oz. of chicken (less than 1/3 the recipe) for the 2 of us, but half the sauce. I like more sauce to mop up! But it's the chunks of pineapple that really made this dish for me! Thanks for posting, AustinsAm!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can pineapple slices
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 7x12 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of juice.
- Combine reserverd pineapple juice, Heinz 57 sauce, and honey.
- Pour over chicken, and bake an additional 25 minutes, basting often.
- Arrange pineapples over chicken and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Drain off excess fat from sauce.
- Serve by spooning sauce over chicken.