Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
- 3 ounces skinless chicken breasts, raw
- 1⁄3 cup mandarin orange, canned,drained,chopped
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 macadamia nuts, dry,no salt,chopped
- 3⁄8 cup pineapple juice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon gingerroot, fresh,grated
- Add pineapple juice, soy sauce and ginger root to a bowl and stir to make a marinade.
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to marinade.
- Stir to thoroughly coat chicken with marinade.
- Let stand at room temperature and then remove chicken and set remaining marinade aside.
- Add oil to saute pan and heat using medium-high setting.
- Add chicken and turn while cooking until done.
- Add cornstarch to remaining marinade, stir, pour over the prepared chicken in the saute pan.
- Heat while stirring until mixture thickens and becomes bubbly.
- Add mandarin oranges and macadamia nuts.
- Continue cooking until well heated and serve hot on a dinner plate.