Recipe by cstakland
A friend of mine made this dish and i absolutely loved it. If in a rush i don't bake it in the oven. Instead, I do everything on the stove. After cooking the chicken and onion in a pot, set aside and add all other ingredients. Mix and let come to a boil. Simmer on low. Mix 1TB flour and 1TB water together and mix slowly in pot with a whisk. Stir in chicken onion and pineapple and cook for additional 5 min. Serve over rice:)
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, fat trimmed and cut in bite size pieces
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- flour, to coat chicken
- 1 cup ketchup
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing
- 1 cup pineapple juice, reserve pineapple chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pan. Coat chicken with flour and shake access flour off. Cook chicken and onion in pan until onion is translucent and chicken is lightly browned. Set aside chicken and onion in a baking pan.
- In pan mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, pineapple juice, italian dressing, and mustard. Let com to a boil and simmer on low for 10 minute.
- Add pineapple chunks. Mix and pour over chicken.
- Bake at 325 F for about 40 minute.
- Serve over rice.