Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are pan-fried then baked in a sweet and spicy sauce. My family declared this recipe a keeper and regular and I had to double the recipe. This recipe is from about.com/cooking for kids.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound chicken breasts so they are even thickness all the way through- about ½ inch thick is good.
- In a shallow dish, combine panko breadcrumbs, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Beat egg in a medium bowl. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip chicken in egg, then press into breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat on all sides.
- Cook to golden brown (3-5 minutes). Flip and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a 9 x 13 sprayed baking dishe. Pour duck sauce evenly over chicken. Drizzle with Thai chili sauce. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Delicious chicken, absolutely loved the panko coating. I halved the recipe and used chicken tenders and did not pound them thin. Browned on each side for 4 minutes until golden. Instead of placing in the oven, I left them in the skillet and poured the duck sauce around and drizzled with the sweet chili sauce. Placed the lid on the skillet and simmered for about 12 minutes, then served over rice.