Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The chicken breasts can be kept whole or cut in bite size chunks like a stir-fry. Note: Cooking time with depend on size of chicken.
- 8 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 400 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 11 ounces mandarin orange sections, drained
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1/2 cup liquid; set pineapple chunks aside.
- In skillet combine the pineapple liquid, ginger, onion, brown sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and bouillon granules; bring to a boil.
- Add chicken, reduce heat, cover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and set aside (if keeping chicken breast whole).
- Combine cornstarch and cold water, stir into skillet.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Add pineapple chunks, orange sections and chicken.
- Heat through, spooning sauce over chicken.
- Serve with rice and salad.
I doubled the sauce and added three bell peppers and two onions. It was very good, thanks Shahana.