I did not add cooling time for the chicken. Don't forget to drain the broth and save for another recipe. I measure the broth into 1 cup serving size and freeze.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, drained and reserve liquid
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 2 cups raw rice, cooked as directed on package
- Combine chicken with onion, celery, thyme, salt and pepper, cover with water and simmer until tender.
- Remove from heat letting chicken cool in the liquid.
- Skin and bone chicken.
- Cut into bite size pieces and put in a 2 quart greased baking dish.
- In a saucepan combine liquid from the canned pineapple, pineapple juice, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar and cook until clear.
- Add green pepper, pineapple chunks, and nuts and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.
I made this recipe a couple weeks ago (with the exception of spenda blend brown sugar) and it was great. I plan on making it again, but putting the chicken and sauce in the crockpot to fall apart then add the rest. Thanks for the recipe!
i tink this was GREAT!
Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007 DEeEEelicious!!!! MMmmm GOOOD! The only alteration I made was I had pecans instead of cashews so thats what went into the pot! Thanks fopr a great supper,Char!