- 2 whole fryer chickens, seperated
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup oil
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 bell pepper, sliced crossways
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt, & pepper to coat chicken parts well.
- Heat oil & fry as usual until brown on all sides until tender.
- Drain pineapple & add enough water to make 2 1/2 cups liquid.
- Combine sauce ingredients (except bell pepper) with liquid & boil 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place cooked chicken pieces in a shallow baking dish & cover with sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove & add pineapple & bell pepper.
- Bake an aditional 30 minutes & serve over rice.