Recipe by Sassy in da South
This recipe was given to me by a friend many, many years ago and has been a favourite of mine ever since.
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar (I use Cider Vinegar)
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, Drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix pineapple juice and cornstarch in a saucepan until well blended.
- Add all remaining ingredients except chicken and pineapple chunks.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a boil, cook until thickened.
- Spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer single layer of chicken.
- Cover with sauce.
- Add pineapple chunks on top of chicken/sauce.
- Cover with reynolds wrap and bake for 45 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Remove reynolds wrap and bake an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Serve as is or over rice.