1/1 Photo of Hawaiian Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
This is a recipe that has been a family favorite for decades. My aunt gave it to my mom when she asked for it, I don't know where my aunt got this recipe. We would serve this on top of some white rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Place chicken in baking dish.
- 3Melt butter in large skillet on low heat.
- 4Mix corn starch and hot water in glass or small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- 5Add excess pineapple juice from can of pineapple chunks.
- 6Sprinkle pineapple chunks over chicken.
- 7Mix brown sugar, salt, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and chili powder in skillet until well blended.
- 8Turn skillet to medium heat and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- 9Stir in ketchup and soy sauce.
- 10Stir in corn starch mixture and blend well, sauce will become very thick.
- 11Let simmer 2-3 more minutes.
- 12Pour sauce over chicken and pineapple chunks.
- 13Bake chicken for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked completely through.
- 14Remove with caution, pan may be heavy and it will be hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hawaiian Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.7 mg
- Sodium 720.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 17.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g