Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe that has been a family favorite for decades. My aunt gave it to my mom when she asked for it, I don't know where my aunt got this recipe. We would serve this on top of some white rice.
- 6 large chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄2 cup pressed brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup very hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Melt butter in large skillet on low heat.
- Mix corn starch and hot water in glass or small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Add excess pineapple juice from can of pineapple chunks.
- Sprinkle pineapple chunks over chicken.
- Mix brown sugar, salt, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and chili powder in skillet until well blended.
- Turn skillet to medium heat and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup and soy sauce.
- Stir in corn starch mixture and blend well, sauce will become very thick.
- Let simmer 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and pineapple chunks.
- Bake chicken for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked completely through.
- Remove with caution, pan may be heavy and it will be hot.
Loved it! Halved the recipe and used extra pineapple juice and also cut the butter in half. Does NOT need all the butter as this is flavorful all on its own. The chicken (40 minutes at 350) was very moist! DH loved and I did too. Even little ones loved the rice mixed with the sauce. Thank you.
Made this today and it is very good. Only change I made was I cut the vinegar down to 1/4 cup, a 1/2 seemed like a lot of vinegar. I mixed all of the ingredients and then put in my crockpot and cooked about 8 hours on low. The chicken was so tender and good.
Absolutely amazing! This was easy to make and tasted insanely good. My fiancé loved this too! Love that sweet/tangy combination; will be adding this to our dinner rota!