This is a recipe that has been a family favorite for decades. My aunt gave it to my mom when she asked for it, I don't know where my aunt got this recipe. We would serve this on top of some white rice.
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in baking dish.
- Melt butter in large skillet on low heat.
- Mix corn starch and hot water in glass or small bowl until well blended; set aside.
- Add excess pineapple juice from can of pineapple chunks.
- Sprinkle pineapple chunks over chicken.
- Mix brown sugar, salt, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, and chili powder in skillet until well blended.
- Turn skillet to medium heat and let simmer for 2 minutes.
- Stir in ketchup and soy sauce.
- Stir in corn starch mixture and blend well, sauce will become very thick.
- Let simmer 2-3 more minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and pineapple chunks.
- Bake chicken for 50-60 minutes, or until chicken is cooked completely through.
- Remove with caution, pan may be heavy and it will be hot.