Recipe by evelyn/athens
OK, it's the sauce that makes the chicken. Really great! Grilled on the bbq or roasted in the oven - you'll love this.
Top Review by Chef PotPie
Wonderful chicken, sweet and tangy! I reduced the sauce for a few minutes to thicken it slightly. I used chicken thighs with 1/2 the skin on, (best of both worlds?), and broiled the top for a few minutes to crisp up and brown the skin. We enjoyed this with Evelyn's Coconut Raisin Rice #161393. Two keeper recipes in one meal! Thanks, Ev!
ZWT7 - Shady Ladies
- 3 chicken, halved or quartered
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup frozen pineapple concentrate
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sauce ingredients in bowl; generously cover cleaned chicken pieces with sauce, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- BBQ, turning and basting frequently with sauce until done, 45-60 minutes; or alternatively, roast in the oven, at 325F for about 90 minutes.